Cobh, The Queenstown Story- Titanic Exhibition Ireland
Housed in the restored Victorian railway station in Cobh, this is a dramatic exhibition of the origins, history and legacy of Cobh.
Cobh, The Queenstown Story is currently running an exhibition on "Building the Titanic"
- Retrace the steps of the two and a half million adults and children who emigrated from Ireland via Cobh on coffin ships, early steamers and finally on the great ocean liners.
- Explore the conditions on board the early emigrant vessels, including the dreaded coffin ship.
- Experience life on board a convict ship leaving Cobh for Australia in 1801.
- Also experience Cobh's special connections with the ill fated Titanic, which sank on her maiden voyage, Cobh was her last port of call.
- Relive the horror of World War I and the sinking of the Lusitania off Cork Harbour with the loss of 1,198 lives.
- Learn about Annie Moore and her two brothers who left Cobh for a new life in America and how she was the first emigrant ever to be processed in Ellis Island.
Visit the Cobh Heritage Centre
How to get there
Cobh Heritage Centre,
Republic of Ireland
Email: [email protected]
353 (0)21 4813591